Finding the best recliner that will best fit your needs seems to be a daunting task, what with the proliferation of brands, makes and materials that are available in the market today. The question is, how can you find one, what with your hectic schedule that doesn’t allow you to spend time searching for one?
No worries, because we’re here to help you. We have tried and tested tips in selecting the best recliners, a Recommended Best Recliners Comparison Guide, as well as honest product reviews that can make choosing faster and easier for you.
Would you like to view several options the quickest way possible? Then take a look at our interactive comparison chart for top recliners available in the market. It contains all the basic information you need to know, such as: product name, size, fabric used, price, rating and customer reviews.
Recommended Best Recliners Comparison Guide
Note – You can click on any of the columns to sort the data.
|Recliners||Size(Inch)||Fabric Used||Price||Amazon Ratings||Customer Reviews|
|45.5L x 34W x 35.5H||Leather, ComfortSoft upholstery.||$$||4.2||78 Reviews|
|27L x 29W x 37H||Leather,|
Overstuffed padded chair.
|43L x 40W x 39H||Plush (combination of cotton, wool, and silk), LeatherSoft Upholstery, Polyurethane.||$$$||4.1||75 Reviews|
|28L x 27W x 35H||Vinyl upholstery.||$$||4.2||70 Reviews|
|39L x 39W x 40H||Classic bonded leather||$$$$||4.2||10 Reviews|
|39L x 24.5W x 28H||Overstuffed Padding for Comfort, Beige Vinyl Upholstery.||$||4.5||42 Reviews|
|77.6L x 28.3W x 36.2H||Polyester fabric, Woven resin wicker with powder-coated aluminum frame.||$$$||4.5||35 Reviews|
|24L x 27W x 18H||Microsuede Fabric, High Density Flame retardant foam.||$||4.3||62 Reviews|
|24.8L x 25.8W x 39.5H||Wood,|
Recliner Facts That You Should Know
Like most home furniture, recliners can provide you with an area to sit for rest or recreation. But don’t think of a recliner as an armchair because it’s several times better than the latter. Here are the features that every buyer should look for:
- Frame material – Recliners are not cheap, so you’ll definitely want to use them for the longest time possible. That’s why you should look for recliners that have hardwood frames. These may carry hefty price tags, but they are built to last. According to experts, oak, ash, beech and poplar are the best materials for recliners.
- Mechanism – A recliner’s mechanism is responsible for the movement it makes. That mechanism must be able to withstand thousands of reclining and retracting. It must work easily, smoothly and quietly. It should not touch the recliner’s fabric while in motion.
- Upholstery material – There are so many upholstery materials available for recliners. There’s leather, suede, wool, vinyl, synthetic microfiber, etc. Leather is good, but it’s expensive and wrinkles in time; vinyl is cheap but it can crack; wool is also good but carries a hefty price tag; microfiber resists shrinking, wrinkling and is cheaper than leather or wool but more expensive than vinyl or bonded leather.
- Other features – There are recliners that have built-in foot rests, massager, heater, tray, etc. The choice, of course, depends on your needs and wants. It’s important to check the attachments, screws or hinges to ensure that they would last a long time.
Which Recliner is Best for You?
Of course, the best recliner is the one that will fit your needs and preferences. Here are some of the things that you must consider before buying one:
1. The size of your room
Got a small room? Then, your best bet would be a rocker, single-motor riser or push back recliner as these can save space. You only need 4 to 6 inches of space from the wall to this furniture. Conventional two-position recliners and dual-motor risers are best for bigger rooms with lots of free space.
2. Your budget
How much are you willing to invest? The cheap ones can be bought from $100 to $150 while the expensive ones have price tags that go from $700 to thousands of dollars.
3. The room’s theme
You must also consider the architectural design and color of your room. A trendy push back recliner may not look best in a baroque style room but will definitely complement a modern or contemporary inspired area.
4. The user
Who are you buying it for? Who will be using it the most? An elderly or sick member of your home will benefit most all recliners type but the push back as he may not have the strength to operate it. He’ll benefit most from a single or dual motor riser as he only needs to press a button to make it work.
Review of the Top 5 Recliners
Honestly, most of the recliners in the interactive chart above are excellent options. However, with many choices you discover, you might get overwhelmed and be confused which one to choose. To make your search a lot easier, I have come up with the top 5 recliners available in the market.
By far, this is one of the most feature-rich recliners today. However, it comes with a higher price due to its features. The size of this recliner is 45.5 L x 34 W x 35.5 H inches. It has 8 vibration massage motors positioned to relax the calves, thighs, mid back, and upper back. The massage motor can be programmed to work independently. There are five levels of intensity which you can choose from.
The massage recliner also comes with heat treatment that focuses on the lumbar area. The back rest can be adjusted, reclined, and swiveled. The comfort brought about the recliner is made possible with Comfortsoft upholstery. The recliner can support a weight up to 300 lbs.
Quality is assured with this product. The foams used by Comfort Products are Ca-117 which means the company complies with the California bureau of home furnishings. Ever since Company Products started on 1919, it has always been at the forefront of automotive seat and wellness products.
This recliner possesses enough features to meet its price. It has a 27.2 x 39 x 37.5 inches product dimension. The recliner comes with an ottoman set that will further improve your comfort by allowing you to raise your legs. The base of the recliner is wrapped with leather and its arms are thickly padded with soft and nice-to-touch materials. Since the recliner weighs only 41 lbs, it is very portable. It is not just limited for home use, but you can bring it to your office if you want to relax a bit. The overall build of the recliner allows for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Moreover, the furniture is not ideal for people who are big and fat. It can be safely used only by people weighing less than 175 pounds. When shipped in your home, the recliner should be assembled yourself. But you do not have to worry since the recliner is very easy to assemble with no expertise needed. All you have to do is follow the user’s manual.
Currently, leather recliner by Flash Furniture can only be shipped within the United States. You need to read more information about the shipping rates and policies to know how much you will pay aside from the item’s price.
The best things about Flash Furniture are attractive, comfortable, sturdy, stable, light weight, portable, high backrest for napping, ottoman is perfectly designed to complement the recliner, easy to assemble, and to top it all, very affordable.
I would say, this is the best recliner; however it is priced a bit higher. It has 4.2 customer ratings. The recliner is finished with elegant classic black bonded leather. It has “touch” power mechanism that allows you to seamlessly control the features of the chair. There are two cup-holders that are located at the distal part of each of the arms. At the base of the chair is a blue LED light that indicates that the massage is working. If you are not satisfied with the black color, you can choose dark brown bonded leather as an alternative choice. Homelegance, the manufacturer of this recliner, offers 90-day replacement warranty.
Each of the touch power mechanism of the recliner is dedicated to perform a specific function. For example, one button will chill your cup, another will turn on the massage function, another will light the floor with the LED lighting panel, and the last button will recline the chair.
Another quality product by Flash Furniture, this recliner will help you feel at home. With a size of 43 x 66 x 39 inches, Flash Furniture is the perfect choice if you have a limited space, but you do not want to compromise on the quality. The whole furniture is thickly padded and with the help of a lever, you can easily recline the chair. With the LeatherSoft Upholstery technology of Flash Furniture, the recliner can last for a very long time together with its utmost softness and comfort.
While the rocker recliner is primarily used to provide comfort in the living room, you can use it as a nursery chair. You can take care of your baby while sitting and gently rocking the chair back and forth.
It is worth noting that the rocker recliner has left many customers satisfied and content with its quality. Reclining the chair is very easy and it is so plush that you can feel the comfort by just looking at it.
Looking for an affordable recliner without compromising the quality? Then Stork Craft got exactly what you are looking for. This is a perfect chair for relaxing and even feeding baby. The Bowback glider comes with an ottoman where you can rest your legs upon. The recliner is relatively smaller compared to its contemporary; thus, you can easily store the recliner or place it anywhere within your living room. The cushion of Bowback glider is removable. For this reason, you will not have any problem when it comes to cleaning the cushion.
The main feature of Bowback glider is its espresso finish coupled with beige cushions. The whole product is toxin free. It is made of wood strong enough to support a weight of almost 200 lbs. You can find a pocket in the arm cushion where you can place magazine, TV remote control, and paper.
If you are a bit short in budget, the Storkcraft bowback glider is a good deal. It can provide you the best of a recliner chair without spending too much money for it. The finish of the glider is lighter and therefore, can easily blend together with other furniture in your living room.
Types of Recliners
There are four types of recliners. These are:
1. Conventional two-position
As the name implies, this recliner has two functions – upright or reclined. It’s the cheapest type; you can actually get one for as low as $100 to $150. And yes, it’s comfortable, too. However, it eats up a huge area in a home because of its design. You’ll have to set it far from the walls because it only opens up to a full recline position. Plus, it’s available in limited designs and fabrics.
Do you want a recliner that rocks? Then this type might just be the right one for you. It’s the rocking feature and several reclining angles that make this recliner the most popular amongst its kind. Just sit on it and let it rock you to sleep or relaxation. You can also adjust its angles to fit a small room. These recliners are available in different styles, colors and upholstery. These are also available in wall-saver types.
3. Push back
The push back is also called the flex back recliner. As the name implies, you only have to push it back to a reclining position that best fits your needs. This recliner doesn’t need as much space as the traditional two-position or rocker recliner since the back is the only part that moves. It’s available in a wider variety of designs, materials and colors to choose from. You’ll have to get a separate ottoman, though, because it doesn’t come with a footrest. One downside, however, is that this isn’t the best recliner for a sick or elderly person as he may not have enough strength to push it back.
If utmost ease and comfort is what you wish for yourself or a loved one, then, this recliner might be the right one for you. The riser recliner allows you to sit back, relax and enjoy with just a mere touch of a button. It has a motor that makes automatic movement possible. This is the best type for elderly or sick people with ailments that seriously impede their movement. You can choose from single or dual motor. The single motor riser can only recline up to an angle of 45 degrees. It operates by means of a two-button control pad or remote. The dual motor riser, on the other hand, can recline fully. It comes with a four-button remote or control pad.
How to Choose the Best Recliners
True, online stores can give you more value for your money, comfort and convenience. You get to choose from a wider variety of styles and designs at discounted prices without leaving the comfort of your home.
The downside, however, is that you don’t get the “actual feel” of a product. So how can you ensure that you’ll only be getting the best recliner? By reading honest product reviews from people who have actually purchased and used the furniture.
Don’t be content with reviews that only say “It’s an awesome recliner! I’d recommend it to my friends.” You have to dig deeper – after all, it’s your money that you’ll be spending on a product that you expect to provide you with comfort and convenience for a long time.
Which product reviews should you pay close attention to? Here’s what you should look for:
In-depth item description
This should describe the product in detail. It should state the type, size, weight, fabric and materials used. The best recliner reviews must give you information about reclining angles, frame materials and other pertinent information.
The user rating tells you how many consumers actually like a product. Consider recliners that have a rating of 4 to 5 stars as these are the best in terms of popularity and value for money.
This is the most important part of a review. Always look for the pros and cons. It’s because no matter how good a product seems, there will always be a flaw, since in reality, no product is perfect. Read the cons carefully. Are there more cons than pros? Or are they just minor ones that you can live with because the pros outweigh them anyway?
Here are the user experiences that you might want to consider in terms of the best recliners:
- Any mention of the frame being wobbly or creaky means that the recliner’s frame is not that strong. So no matter how handsome a recliner looks, choose another one, because a weak frame won’t stand up against heavy and frequent use.
- Padded frame and corners. The best recliner frames are the ones that are covered in all sides. This will protect the upholstery from damage brought about by the moving parts.
- Bumpy back or seat. This means that the cushioning or the upholstery is not well-crafted, and as such, will make you uncomfortable. Cushions must be firm and resilient to provide you with utmost rest and relaxation.
- Reclining issues. Do users complain about a product’s inability to recline as the manufacturer claims? Do they criticize a recliner’s noisy or wheezing motor? This means that the motor is having a hard time lifting or moving the parts. Of course, this will lead to an overworked motor that might lead to early breakage.
Do you want to enjoy a recliner’s comfort and convenience for a long time? Here’s how you should take care of it:
- Clean it often. Leather or vinyl recliners should be dusted off everyday and vacuumed once a week. This will not only benefit your recliner but the person using it as well. Crevices filled with dust allow dust mites and other organisms to thrive. These might spread diseases that may threaten you and your loved one’s health.
- Check the moving parts. As with all furniture that have moving parts, recliners have screws, nuts and bolts that may get loose or rusty in time. Inspect these periodically and change if and when needed. This will keep your recliner working for a long period of time.
- Use a seat cover. A seat cover protects your recliner’s upholstery from friction brought about by daily use. You must also buy a waterproof or absorbent cover to protect it from “leaking accidents” that a family member suffering from incontinence might have.
- Repair cracks or tears immediately. Check the upholstery often. A small crack or tear can get bigger when ignored. You can repair it yourself if you have the skill. If not, hire somebody else to do it for you.
- Don’t let liquid or stains sink in. Milk, water, wine and other beverages can create ugly stains if left unattended. Wipe any stains immediately to prevent these from clinging to the upholstery.
These are the things to consider before buying a recliner. Use this guide to ensure that you’ll be getting one that matches your needs and provide you with style, comfort and convenience for a long, long time.